Saturday, January 26, 2019

Snacks


Image may contain: food and text

Are you like me?  I happen to not be good at planning my meals.  Here is my scenario....it is about 4:30 in the afternoon and I'm starting to get hungry but dinner hasn't been planned yet and there is no food on the stove yet.  What do I end up doing......I go to the cupboard and grab whatever is quick and pound down some carbs or sweets to take away some of the hunger.  
If you made any healthy eating goals for the year, you have just derailed your goal because of some silly lack of planning.  
Now.....I'm not here to wag my finger at you for cheating and not making your goals!  I'm here with a cool recipe that will help you keep on track!!
Thanks to Amber Ervin & Beth Maycroft of The Mix for this great recipe that uses our Pure Protein Complete powder for a delicious Protein Energy Ball!

Protein Energy Balls
Ingredients
2 cups organic quick cooking oats
2 TBSP organic ground flax seeds
3 scoops of Young Living’s Pure Protein Complete Vanilla or Chocolate
1 cup fresh ground nut butter
¼ cup local raw honey
2 TBSP almond milk
¼-½ cup Enjoy Life Mini chocolate chips
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mix your oats, flax, and protein powder using a fork.
2. Add your peanut butter and honey. Mix to incorporate.
3. Stir in your almond milk. You may need more. The goal is to make your “dough” moldable but not too wet.
4. Add your chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
5. Shape into 1” balls and place on parchment paper.
6. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before transferring to an airtight container.
7. Keep this treat in the fridge.


No comments:

Post a Comment