Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Foaming....but not at the mouth!

I used to use Ivory pump soap.  It had no fragrance and was pretty low on ingredients.....THEN Ivory in their infinite wisdom decided to add fragrance.  I was very unhappy and complained.  So what did they do?  They asked me if I would be on a team of regular people to review their 'new-improved' pump soap.  I tried.....really I did.  But they didn't remove the fragrance, just changed it and it was still awful.  So I used Ivory bar soap in its place for a long time.

When I decided that I would go chemical free, I just wasn't finding a hand soap that I was happy with.  THEN in came the essential oils and I'm happy now!  I've been making my own pump soap and really like it.  I improved pump soap though and made it FOAMING pump soap!

Here is a combination that I really like and I hope you try it and like it as well.

Use an empty foaming soap container.  You can get them off Amazon.  This is a super easy way to save money too.  The cost to make your own foaming hand soap is just pennies!!  Foaming hand soap is basically watered down soap.

Do you have kids? Liquid soap is truly misunderstood by kids......they pump that baby until there is a pile of soap in their hands and your money is just washing down the drain.  With the foaming soap it looks like they are getting a ton and actually using a little!   Hello savings!

So here is your handmade foaming hand soap recipe to save your money and help you live naturally.  The essential oils in the soap help to not only keep your hands clean but to leave a beautiful light scent once they are dry.

Thieves Foaming Hand Soap  (there are other options below too)

Ingredients
1 cup distilled water
8 drops Thieves Essential Oil
1-2 tablespoon unscented Castile soap (I've even used up to 4 tablespoons!)
Refillable foaming soap dispenser
Directions
In the foaming soap dispenser, add the water and essential oil.
Then add the soap.
Put on the pump and screw to attach.
Swirl to combine.

Use like you would any foaming soap!

Now.....Thieves is an amazing essential oil blend but there are times when you just want something different.  Here are some favorites that I've heard about.

Frankincense and Orange: Some think it smells like heaven!
Elemi and Lemon:  Very sunny and bright.
Lavender and ANYTHING: Really....Lavender goes good with almost any other essential oil!

If you would like to learn more about Essential Oils, comment below for times we give local and online classes.  Interested in Thieves Essential Oil?  We can get that for you too!



No comments:

Post a Comment